storm-user mailing list archives

From Sa Li <sa.in.v...@gmail.com>
Subject How many workers can I config
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 18:46:44 GMT
Hi, all

My storm Dev cluster has 3 nodes, and I config to run 4 workers on each
node by default,

supervisor.slots.ports: For each worker machine, you configure how many
workers run on that machine with this config. Each worker uses a single
port for receiving messages, and this setting defines which ports are open
for use. If you define five ports here, then Storm will allocate up to five
workers to run on this machine. If you define three ports, Storm will only
run up to three. By default, this setting is configured to run 4 workers on
the ports 6700, 6701, 6702, and 6703.

I think I can allocate more workers for each node, what is the maximum
number of worker for each node without impact the performance?

thanks

AL