storm-user mailing list archives

From Martin Illecker <millec...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Urgent - Some workers stop processing after a few seconds
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:49:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm still observing this strange issue.
Two of three workers stop processing after a few seconds. (each worker is
running on one dedicated EC2 node)

My guess would be that the output stream of one spout is not properly
distributed over all three workers.
Or somehow directed to one worker only? But *shuffleGrouping* should
guarantee equal distribution among multiple bolts right?

I'm using the following topology:

    TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();

    builder.setSpout("dataset-spout", spout);

    builder.setBolt("tokenizer-bolt", tokenizerBolt, 3).shuffleGrouping(

        "dataset-spout");

    builder.setBolt("preprocessor-bolt", preprocessorBolt,
3).shuffleGrouping(

        "tokenizer-bolt");

    conf.setMaxSpoutPending(2000);

    conf.setNumWorkers(3);

    StormSubmitter

        .submitTopology(TOPOLOGY_NAME, conf, builder.createTopology());

I have attached the screenshots of the topology and the truncated worker
and supervisor log of one idle worker.

The supervisor log includes a few interesting lines, but I think they are
normal?

supervisor [INFO] e76bc338-2ba5-444b-9854-bca94f9587b7 still hasn't started

I hope, someone can help me with this issue!

Thanks
Best regards
Martin