storm-user mailing list archives

From Martin Illecker <millec...@apache.org>
Subject Urgent - Some workers stop processing after a few seconds
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:37:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run a topology on EC2, but I'm observing the following
strange issue:

Some workers stop processing after a few seconds, without any error in the
worker log.

For example, my topology consists of 3 workers and each worker is running
on its own EC2 node.
Two of them stop processing after a few seconds. But they have already
processed several tuples successfully.

I'm using only one spout and shuffleGrouping at all bolts.
If I add more spouts then all workers keep processing, but the performance
is very bad.

Does anyone have a guess why this happens?

The topology is currently running at:
http://54.155.156.203:8080

Thanks!
Martin