storm-user mailing list archives

From Brian O'Neill <b...@alumni.brown.edu>
Subject Re: AOP in Storm
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2015 12:42:11 GMT
We use aspectj and create point cuts:

    /**
     * Common Reactor Pointcuts
     * http://blog.espenberntsen.net/2010/03/20/aspectj-cheat-sheet/
     */
    @Pointcut("execution(* execute(..))")
    public void execute() {}

    @Pointcut("execution(* updateState(..))")
    public void updateState() {}

    @Pointcut("execution(* *..EntityJdbiState.commit(..))")
    public void commit() {}

Things get woven into the jar via aspectj-maven-plugin.

For state object, the updateState and commit point cuts above would get
triggered.

We then use the point cut to log execution times, e.g.:

 protected Object logExecution(ProceedingJoinPoint pjp) throws Throwable {

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Technology Officer
Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company
215.588.6024 Mobile € @boneill42 <http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the
person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact
the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this
strictly prohibited.