storm-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Reddy <Rahul.Re...@match.com>
Subject Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:35:56 GMT
Hi,

Can you guys help me understand difference between emitted, transferred and acked tuples.

In my case every tuple emitted by ablog-filter-bolt will be processed by ablog-flatten-xml-bolt
which will then be written by ablog-hdfs-bolt to hdfs. Ideally all metrics for executed/acked
should match after tuples are emitted from ablog-filter-bolt . I'm not sure why there is so
much discrepancy in emitted/transferredacked tuple count between these bolts although it dosent
show any failed tuples.

Any ideas what I can check and how to interpret metrics correctly?

Thanks
Rahul