storm-user mailing list archives

From Shivendra Singh <SSin...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:16:31 GMT
Hi Nathan,

I have more acked than executed for some bolts and reverse in others. In what scenario will
this happen?

Regards,
Shivendra

From: Nathan Leung <ncleung@gmail.com<mailto:ncleung@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, February 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM
To: user <user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts

executed = # of times you called executed
acked = # of executed tuples that you acked; ideally this will match executed
emitted = # of tuples that you emitted; if you call emit more than once per execute call this
can be higher than execute count
transferred = # of tuples transferred downstream; if you have 2 bolts subscribing to your
bolt, then this count can be higher than emitted.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Rahul Reddy <Rahul.Reddy@match.com<mailto:Rahul.Reddy@match.com>>