storm-user mailing list archives

From Shivendra Singh <SSin...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: the external Zookeeper in Local mode
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 03:48:11 GMT
Hi Clay,

The zookeeper info provided to KafkaSpout is external zookeeper which is used by Kafka and
where all the host/partition information for Kafka is stored.

When you run storm in local mode, it spins up an in-memory zookeeper for storm where it keeps
data related to nimbus/supervisors, etc.

Thanks,
Shivendra

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 7:23 PM, clay teahouse <clayteahouse@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a topology running in local mode. The topology uses kafkaspout and is configured
to use the external zookeeper. But when I start the topology, I see the following:

>  org.apache.storm.zookeeper.ZooKeeper - Initiating client connection, connectString=localhost:2000

> I also messages like the following:
>
> No partition information found, using configuration to determine offset
>
> I am not sure if these two messages are related.
>
> Questions:
> 1) Why storm is employing the in-memory zookeeper when I have configured the spout to
use the external zookeeper.
> 2)How do I force storm to use the external zookeeper?
> 3) Why am I getting the message No partition information found, using configuration to
determine offset? What configuration is it referring to?