Hey all,

I'm trying to monitor the CPU/memory usage per worker (or JVM). The way we're doing this in our setup is to send these metrics for the registered metric name using a Graphite reporter. Currently, this metric name is constructed using the following components:

<topology-specific-name>.class-name.metric-name.componentID.taskID

The problem with this naming is that each task redundantly reports the same value (in case of JVM related metrics). What I really want is one metric per worker instead of per task.

Is there any way to get a logical worker ID  ? From the documentation it seems like there is a worker port (which probably keeps changing). Or is there a better way to do this ?

Please let me know.

--
Thanks and regards

Chinmay Soman