storm-user mailing list archives

From "Garcia-Contractor, Joseph (CORP)" <Joseph.Garcia-Contrac...@ADP.com>
Subject RE: Storm and enviroment variables
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 21:15:57 GMT
Ok so an additional question here…

Can I tell storm on startup to use a storm.yaml file that I specify with a full path, or will
it only look in /etc/storm/conf/storm.yaml?

Joe

From: Priyank Shah [mailto:pshah@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:31 PM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: Re: Storm and enviroment variables

Hi Joseph,

I think storm core components don’t support environment variables. It either has to be a
config yaml file or a –c option. For –c option, its a key value pair of the form key=value.
I checked the code and key should be same as key in yaml. It should work for simple strings.
 But not sure about other types. In the code its trying to parse it as a json. You can give
it a try.

I don’t know about logback file . But you can configure your log directory using –c storm.log.dir=/var/log/
option.