storm-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Leung <ncle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flux question
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 21:23:15 GMT
With regards to the first question, the purpose of flux is to dynamically
create a topology for submission to nimbus.  It serves to replace the
topology main() method.  It's is suitable for setting up configuration you
use for connecting in prepare(), but it's not suitable for creating the
connection.

With regards to unit testing, I'm not sure whether there's a function that
can launch a topology but I'd be kind of surprised if there wasn't. I'd
have to check.