storm-user mailing list archives

From Amanda C <acar...@gmail.com>
Subject Storm Fault Tolerance - On/Off Switch
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 00:11:58 GMT
Hello!

I am a National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates
(NSF REU) student. I conduct research for the Distributed Systems Group at
Colorado State University. My current research involves fault tolerance in
Storm.

My advisor has tasked me with developing a fault tolerance scheme to run on
top of Storm and compare it with the current scheme during stateless
processing.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any information as to how to
"turn off" the fault tolerance features of Storm. On the storm
documentation page, it states that Nimbus will move workers and tasks away
for failing nodes or machines, is there any way to turn this off so I can
implement my own scheme?

Thanks for your time and help!

~ Amanda Carbonari