Can you check on UI that the bolt is sending tuples on the metric stream? You have to click on "show system stats" on UI.

On Oct 6, 2015 2:34 PM, "Stepan Urban" <stepann.urban@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I tried to increase parallelism of bolts and create some performance optimizations with no effect. Metrics stop logging after few hours. Is there some mechanism that Storm stops logging when bolts are overloaded? Any other sugesstions?

Thanks
Stepan

1. All metrics are not being logged
2. Yes topology is still prgressing, everything other works as normal, worker logs are still running
3. Bolt is slower, it writes data to disk, do some simple preprocessing and send them to another bolt, spout only receive it and send it to bolt.

Thanks
Stepan

Please check the following -
1. Are all the metrics not being logged or is it just the custom metrics? Are the in-built system metrics being logged?
2. When the metrics are not getting logged, is the topology still progressing?
3. Is your bolt too slow compared to the spout?