storm-user mailing list archives

From "Kalogeropoulos, Andreas" <Andreas.Kalogeropou...@emc.com>
Subject RE: Using Storm to parse emails and creates batches
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:28:51 GMT
You are right. Sorry for making you state the obvious ☺.

Last question : If my spout has incoming information that I want to have in the same last
bolt (the one creating the XML) for deduplication logic, what is the best way to achieve this
?  My instinct says to try to work with Fields grouping and the correct key (probably conversation
since I am working with emails).

Kind Regards,
Andréas Kalogéropoulos

From: Stephen Powis [mailto:spowis@salesforce.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:27 AM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Storm to parse emails and creates batches

If you are using Storm's guaranteed message processing<http://storm.apache.org/documentation/Guaranteeing-message-processing.html>
there is no need to 'persist' the collection anywhere other than in memory.  IE List<Tuple>
myListOfTuples = new ArrayList<Tuple>();  If the third bolt crashes and loses its in
memory collection, after Config.TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS<http://storm.apache.org/javadoc/apidocs/backtype/storm/Config.html#TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS>
the tuples will timeout and be replayed thru your entire storm topology and your collection
will be repopulated

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Kalogeropoulos, Andreas <Andreas.Kalogeropoulos@emc.com<mailto:Andreas.Kalogeropoulos@emc.com>>