storm-user mailing list archives

From "Kalogeropoulos, Andreas" <Andreas.Kalogeropou...@emc.com>
Subject RE: Using Storm to parse emails and creates batches
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:59:49 GMT
Hello Stephen,

To make my example more realistic :
The first bolt will analyze a list of 100 tuples
And the last bolt, will probably wait for  10 000 list of tuples before creating the XML.

Kind Regards,
Andréas Kalogéropoulos

From: Kalogeropoulos, Andreas [mailto:Andreas.Kalogeropoulos@emc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 11:48 AM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using Storm to parse emails and creates batches

Hello Stephen,

Imagine that the spout is providing me 300 000 emails per hour.
The first bolt will parse/analyze the information (from, to, cc, subject, object, date, has
of attachments, …  , and probably will find the same hash for some attachments (someone
forwarding an email).

The last bolt will create an XML based on all this information, but if I can have the tuples
containing the same attachment (based on hash) in the same XML, I can actually apply a dedup
logic : having multiple lines in my xml pointing to the same file

Does this make more sense ?

Kind Regards,
Andréas Kalogéropoulos