storm-user mailing list archives

From Navdeep Agrawal <Navdeep_Agra...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: class objects vs single fields
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 06:21:13 GMT
In trident how are fields passed to each function ??   if we are passing object of a class
would it be too much movement of data??  If we pass single fields to functions will there
be lazy serialization so that only fields required by that function will be passed ??

From: Navdeep Agrawal [mailto:Navdeep_Agrawal@symantec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:08 PM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: class objects vs single fields

Hi ,

We have trident topologies where we have lot of fields in each log row(tuple) , would it be
better to segregate fields and pass it other bolts/functions or create a class for those fields
pass object of that class all along  . we tried both the options and both of them works ,but
due to lack of data can't comment on events per seconds  . would lot of data be moving around
in case of object of class because in case in separate fields ,we are passing only required
fields to base functions  but in object scenario passing whole object to function  .

Single fields are mostly primitive .

Thanks,
Navdeep