storm-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Global variable in storm
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 09:54:50 GMT
Hi,

a globally shared state is not supported by Storm. This is true, for
many (maybe even all?) large-scale distributed systems, because a shared
global stated does not scale!

However, if you just want to know the number of processed tuples, you do
not need a globally shared state. Actually, Storm's UI maintains
counters and you can also access those counters in your application via

> Client.getTopologyInfo("topology-id");

-Matthias