storm-user mailing list archives

From Eric Ruel <eric.r...@wantedanalytics.com>
Subject Trident does not use all threads (executor?) for a bolt
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 23:18:09 GMT
Hello

We have a Trident topology with about 30 bolts

When we monitor the process with visualVM and java monitor in eclipse, we see that only one
thread work for a specific bolt and all other threads do nothing

all our connections between bolts includes a partitionBy(id), indeed, there is no duplicates
in the batch we just hoped that all tuples would be splitted evenly across all threads (similar
to a .shuffle() I suppose) but it does not seem to be the case.

any idea?

Eric