storm-user mailing list archives

From Gergely Nagy <foge...@gmail.com>
Subject java.io.NotSerializableException: redis.clients.jedis.BinaryJedis$SetFromList
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:54:01 GMT
Hello fellow storm troopers.

I am trying to build a storm topology in Storm 0.10.0. I am also trying to
use storm-redis to save some interim results during operation.

Now my problem is that when I run my topology locally everything works
fine, but when I run it remotely, storm sends me this nice stacktrace:
https://gist.github.com/Fogetti/23304178a534fa1f8f63

I don't get it. What's going on? Why is storm serializing BinaryJedis?
Shouldn't BinaryJedis be transient? And anyway, what is this cryptic thing
called 'consumeBatchToCursor()' doing?

The "offending" class can be seen below. It's just a simple bolt extending
AbstractRedisBolt.
https://github.com/Fogetti/fogetti-phish-storm/blob/master/src/main/java/fogetti/phish/storm/relatedness/GoogleSemBolt.java

Does anyone know what might be the root cause for this?

Regards,
Gergely