storm-user mailing list archives

From Aaron.Dossett <Aaron.Doss...@target.com>
Subject Re: storm cassandra integration
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:54:45 GMT
Crina - I haven't used the Cassandra bolt, but in the past I have been able to import the current
version of connectors like that into my project and use them directly.  In other words, if
you copy the external/storm-cassandra directory into your project you will likely be able
to compile it and use it directly.

From: Crina Arsenie <arsenie.crina@gmail.com<mailto:arsenie.crina@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>" <user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: storm cassandra integration

Hello,

I was planning to integrate Cassandra with a storm project I am working on. I am using the
latest version of storm (stable 0.10). But then, I researched and the component storm-cassandra
from external composites of storm is available only starting the master branch of github so
not with this version.

Therefore, I tried to search for a storm-cassandra component before and I found the https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra
<https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra%200.3.1> (latest stable 0.3.1). Then I
had problems using this as it does not use the latest version of storm (but old 0.8.1 one),
neither of Cassandra (1.1.2 instead of current 2.2.3), and the worst part that gave me headache
before understanding the errors I had when integrating this was that it was compiled under
java 1.6!
So my question is if do you think I can find at this current state a proper way to integrate
Cassandra bolts ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Crina