storm-user mailing list archives

From Aaron.Dossett <Aaron.Doss...@target.com>
Subject Re: storm cassandra integration
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 15:17:01 GMT
There are no open JIRAs, to my knowledge, so it's probably worth trying. The release process
for Storm won't make that component any more stable, except in so much as more people try
it out.  If you were to try it out now and report back successes and failures, I know the
community would appreciate it!

From: Crina Arsenie <arsenie.crina@gmail.com<mailto:arsenie.crina@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 9:29 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>" <user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: storm cassandra integration

Hello,

Thank you both for your answers. I was wondering if you know in around how many time this
future release will be available, as I would like to integrate it when it will be stable.

Crina

Hi Crina,

You can fork the external storm-cassandra from master branch. This module should be compatible
from storm version 0.9.5 to 0.11.
The actual fluent API is not stable and will be deprecated so you should directly use this
following class :

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/external/storm-cassandra/src/main/java/org/apache/storm/cassandra/bolt/BaseCassandraBolt.java

Hello,

I was planning to integrate Cassandra with a storm project I am working on. I am using the
latest version of storm (stable 0.10). But then, I researched and the component storm-cassandra
from external composites of storm is available only starting the master branch of github so
not with this version.

Therefore, I tried to search for a storm-cassandra component before and I found the https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra
<https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra%200.3.1> (latest stable 0.3.1). Then I
had problems using this as it does not use the latest version of storm (but old 0.8.1 one),
neither of Cassandra (1.1.2 instead of current 2.2.3), and the worst part that gave me headache
before understanding the errors I had when integrating this was that it was compiled under
java 1.6!
So my question is if do you think I can find at this current state a proper way to integrate
Cassandra bolts ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Crina

--