storm-user mailing list archives

From Mohan Pandiyan <mo...@pyze.com>
Subject Trident topology - High Process latency
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 00:40:55 GMT
Hello,

I have a trident drpc topology. I am trying to reduce the complete latency which is around
10 seconds for now. I see that the bottleneck looks like the process latency which is 100x
more than the execute latency. It is my assumption that we don’t do explicit ack in Trident
so I would expect the ack been sent at the end of execute method.

To make more sense of high process latency to that of execute latency,

1. Do you believe high latency is caused by the executor_disruptor_send_queue/thread ? I did
try with “topology.executor.send.buffer.size 16384”
2. What other metrics should I look for high process latency?

Really appreciate if somebody can throw some light have been trying to resolve for a week
now. Let me know if you I can provide more details.

Regards,
Mohan