Hello fellow storm troopers.

I am trying to build a storm topology in Storm 0.10.0. I am also trying to use storm-redis to save some interim results during operation.

Now my problem is that when I run my topology locally everything works fine, but when I run it remotely, storm sends me this nice stacktrace:
https://gist.github.com/Fogetti/23304178a534fa1f8f63

I don't get it. What's going on? Why is storm serializing BinaryJedis? Shouldn't BinaryJedis be transient? And anyway, what is this cryptic thing called 'consumeBatchToCursor()' doing?

The "offending" class can be seen below. It's just a simple bolt extending AbstractRedisBolt.
https://github.com/Fogetti/fogetti-phish-storm/blob/master/src/main/java/fogetti/phish/storm/relatedness/GoogleSemBolt.java

Does anyone know what might be the root cause for this?

Regards,
Gergely