storm-user mailing list archives

From Annabel Melongo <melongo_anna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple output streams: all go through the same connection?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:05:51 GMT
John,
Storm has various streams groupings to achieve this. Read the "Streams Groupings" paragraph.
If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know.
|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| ConceptsThis page lists the main concepts of Storm and links to resources where you can
find more information. The concepts discussed are: Topologies Streams Spouts Bolts Stream
groupings Reliability Tasks  |
|  |
| View on storm.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Thanks

    On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:55 PM, John Yost <hokiegeek2@gmail.com> wrote:

 Awesome, thanks everyone! Annabel -> I should have clarified my question better, I meant
to ask if there are multiple streams defined between two bolts whether both streams would
go over the same connection.  I have logic that will send one of two types of streams between
two bolts depending upon whether I bin tuples or not.

Again, thanks to all of you for your input.

--John

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Nathan Leung <ncleung@gmail.com> wrote:

Look at http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/06/21/understanding-storm-internal-message-buffers/.
Pretty sure it's using one port for all of the communications.  Also ZMQ is not a queue,
especially not a brokered one, and storm uses netty by default in the latest versions.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Annabel Melongo <melongo_annabel@yahoo.com> wrote:

John,
It depends on how you defined your topology. If you created a topology made of one spout,
two streams and a bolt, then the data received from the spout is going to go down to the bolt
via those two streams. Spouts and bolts are connected through streams.
Thanks

    On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:01 PM, Ankur Garg <ankurgarg9@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi John ,
I am not aware of the storm internal working so I am not sure about this . But since no one
has answered this so far , I will try my hand .
I believe Spouts and Bolts communicate through an intermediate queue (ZMQ) . Assuming this
it should always be a single connection to ZMQ .
But Like I said , this is what I think should be the case . Waiting for any of the member
to validate/invalidate  this.
ThanksAnkur
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:47 AM, John Yost <hokiegeek2@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Had a co-worker ask me today if, I define two output streams for a spout or bolt, do they
both go out over the same connection to a downstream bolt, or are there separate connections
for each output stream.
Anyone know?
Thanks
--John