storm-user mailing list archives

From aurelien violette <aurelie...@webgroup-limited.com>
Subject Kafka spout not reading the topic
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 16:56:29 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm very struggling with Kafka integration on production cluster.

When I deploy my topology on the production cluster, kafka is either not
reading any tuple at all, or reading some and then stops.

I have Kafka topic with 3 partitions, replication factor 2.

I do configure KafkaSpout as follow :

SpoutConfig kafkaAddConfig = new SpoutConfig(zkHosts, topicAdd, "/" +
topicAdd, topologyName + "/" + topicAdd);
    kafkaAddConfig.scheme = new SchemeAsMultiScheme(new StringScheme());
    //kafkaAddConfig.forceFromStart = true;
    kafkaAddConfig.startOffsetTime = kafka.api.OffsetRequest.LatestTime();
    kafkaAddConfig.fetchSizeBytes = 100000;
    LOG.info("Setting Spout to listen to kafka " + topicAdd);
    builder.setSpout("my-spout", new KafkaSpout(kafkaAddConfig), 3);

​My tuples are rather big and can send tens of kb per tuple.
I haven't changed the buffer sizes configuration. I have three workers for
the topology.

Any clue where should I investigate to fix the issue ? ​I'm blind and see
nothing peculiar in the logs.

Thanks for your ideas.

--
BR,