storm-user mailing list archives

From John Yost <hokiege...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka spout not reading the topic
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 14:32:46 GMT
Hi Aurelien,

A couple of questions/suggestions:

1 Simple Kafka Consumer--are you able to read from your topic partitions
via the simple kafka console.  If not, I recommend confirming simple
console consumer can read fro a partition.

2. Reading Tuples--are you sure these are tuples from the Kafka topic being
read, or simply tick tuples? If the tuples are in increments of 10, then
the tuples acked may just be tick tuples.  To investigate further, add
logic to your bolt(s) to determine if the tuples being received in
downstream bolt(s) are tick tuples or tuples off of KafkaSpout.

--John