storm-user mailing list archives

From Anishek Agarwal <anis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storm bolt instances - limits
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 08:57:44 GMT
Yeh I have encountered the same error, and as you said its because there is
a limit to the number of threads with a specific stack size, that can be
created for a given heap,  there are a few discussions on Stackoverflow for
the same , I also tried to verify this via a standalone program but it was
behaving very non intuitively on the local machine, for ex it was stopping
after creating 980 threads always with the same stack size of 256k and Heap
size varying from default to 1 GB.

we are using oracle jdk and hence in our case the the stack size cannont
below 228k we have it as 256k with about 4 GB of -Xmx its working fine with
increased number of threads.