storm-user mailing list archives

From Rudraneel chakraborty <rudraneel.chakrabo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storm Scheduler
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:00:16 GMT
Hi

Can anyone tell me , how storm schedules multiple topologies?

For an example if topology A and B both need 2 workers (in total 4 ) but
only 3 worker solots available , which topology will get 2 worker and which
will get one worker?

I know the default scheduler tries to evenly distribute executors to
workers but i am interested in topology level scheduling

My experience says that its a fifo order , the topology submitted first
will be always scheduled first

--
Rudraneel Chakraborty
Carleton University Real Time and Distributed Systems Reserach