storm-user mailing list archives

From Zack Allen <zal...@fastly.com>
Subject Submitting & Managing Topologies
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 23:50:12 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to know the best practices in terms of the submission and
management of storm topologies.

Do you manage 1 repo per topology, or have 1 repo with many topologies in
it? For example, I have a topology that counts words, a topology that sees
if an input is a prime number, and a topology that adds exclamation points
to a piece of text.

What would be the best option in terms of updating the prime number
topology? I know you can remove one from the UI, but do you generally ship
a .jar with all of the topologies or do you have one strictly for that
piece of processing? I am leaning towards 1 repo for 1 topology to make
deployments more intuitive (push a change via github, assemble the .jar,
push to storm topology) but I would like to hear what everyone here does.

Thanks!