Kryo has helped, but it is slow. thanks for the pointer. Will need to look into this more.

Thanks
Kashyap
On Jan 4, 2016 4:14 AM, "Serega Sheypak" <serega.sheypak@gmail.com> wrote:
Why not to switch to Kryo serialization or any other advanced serializers? Express googling give nice example: http://henning.kropponline.de/2015/09/27/storm-serialization-with-avro-using-kryo-serializer/

Hi,
I was trying out gson in Storm and find that parsing is slow for my use case. This is not related to Storm per se, but I guess many of you may have experienced the use case below. If so, an interested in finding out your approach.

Thanks
Kashyap

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kashyap Mhaisekar" <kashyap.m@gmail.com>
Date: Jan 3, 2016 3:55 AM
Subject: [google-gson:2550]: JsonElement implements Serialization
To: "google-gson" <google-gson@googlegroups.com>

Hi,
Is there any way the JsonElement (Specifically JsonPrimitive) can be made serializable? I plan to persist the JsonPrimitive itself as an object in cache so that my further process is easier. Am presently seeing that parsing strings each time is becoming expensive in my use case.

Did anyone try and succeed to Serialize a JsonElement (JsonPrimitive)?

Please respond.

Thanks
Kashyap