Hello,
  I am trying to write data into HDFS using the storm-hdfs bolt http://storm.apache.org/documentation/storm-hdfs.html

The problem I am trying to solve is that I want the file paths to be set according to the input tuples.

FileNameFormat fileNameFormat = new DefaultFileNameFormat()

        .withPath("/foo/“);

I am getting inputs from various users and what want to do is set the file paths according to the username e.g.  "/user1/“ , “/user2/“

As far as I know once the path is set for the bolt it can’t be changed unless you have file rotation policy set which is not what I want to do.

Has anyone else tried to solve this before ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shivpriya