storm-user mailing list archives

From Aurelien Violette <aurelie...@webgroup-limited.com>
Subject Re: Storm UI does not show statistics of "acked" tuples,
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 17:17:08 GMT
Hello Shahab,

I sometimes mess up with this too. If your bolt is sending to an other
bolt, be sure to anchor the input to the output :

collector.emit(input, new Values(...));

If your bolt is in the end of the chain, then do not forget to ack it
manually :
collector.ack(input);

Ack is built on a chain. When a bolt sends a new tuple, it should anchor
(reference) the input to indicate that when output tuple will be acked,
input tuple should be too.
http://storm.apache.org/releases/0.10.0/Guaranteeing-message-processing.html

--
BR,