storm-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Powis <spo...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Is ganglia like visualvm ?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:30:33 GMT
There's no real "right" answer to this, it depends on your hardware,
utilization of your hardware, and all sorts of other kinds of parameters.

I've never used Ganglia myself, but my naive understanding is you have an
agent that runs on every node you want to monitor.  Then the agents "report
back" metrics to a central server which provides the view into the metrics
of all your nodes (ie all the graphs and what not).

So if it was me, I'd install the ganglia agent on every node I want to
monitor.  Where to install the central server?  You'll have to read up the
documentation on Ganglia and figure out where that fits best within the
servers you own.  You'd find the best info about Ganglia on their website
docs, or their mailing list.