storm-user mailing list archives

From Tom Brown <tombrow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is LoadAwareShuffleGrouping?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:46:17 GMT
Hi Yamini,

Your question piqued my interest, so I decided to see what I could figure
out. After reading this JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-162,
I am still confused. Hopefully someone else on the list will be able to
help us.

Is LoadAwareShuffleGrouping a way of changing a basic shuffle operation
(e.g. randomized round robin) to include downstream load as an input? Or is
it an extension of a fields grouping that could allow the same tuple to be
sent to different downstream tasks (A or B) depending on which has the
higher load?

--Tom