storm-user mailing list archives

From Navin Ipe <navin....@searchlighthealth.com>
Subject Emit from a Java application and receive in a Bolt of another Java application?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:59:18 GMT
Hi,

A colleague created a Bolt that writes data to a MongoDB application.
I have a Spout that reads that data from MongoDB.
My colleague's Bolt is in a separate Storm application he built. Mine is on
a separate storm application I built. Our applications may run on different
VM's.

My team lead wants my colleague's Bolt to emit data, and wants a Bolt in my
application to receive that data. So we basically avoid writing to MongoDB.

I suggested doing this via Java sockets, RMI or Redis. On hearing this, my
team lead tells me "You haven't understood Storm yet".

I've been through a lot of the documentation on Storm, and I haven't seen
any case where Storm can communicate. Except maybe using DRPC