storm-user mailing list archives

From Navin Ipe <navin....@searchlighthealth.com>
Subject Does Storm use Netty to access a class reference across worker JVM's?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 05:29:16 GMT
In the below code,

*public static void main(String[] cmdArgs) {Config config = new
Config();config.setNumWorkers(5);        MongoManager mongoManager = new
MongoManager();TopologyBuilder builder = new
TopologyBuilder();builder.setSpout("someSpout", new
MongoSpout(mongoManger)));}*

Assuming there are many more spouts and blots created, I understand that each
worker will run in its own JVM
<http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/06/21/understanding-storm-internal-message-buffers/>,
which means that it will have its own memory space.

*Questions:*
*1.* So when the mongoManager reference is passed to MongoSpout, will
MongoSpout always be able to access the initialized members of mongoManager?
*2.* Isn't it likely that main() runs in a different JVM and a MongoSpout
will be in another JVM? How would Storm access mongoManager? Using Netty?
*3.* (optional help) I have the Storm source code. Could anyone point me to
the part that Storm does the inter-worker communication for accessing class