storm-user mailing list archives

From Xiang Wang <xiangw...@gmail.com>
Subject storm ui, execute latency of multi-lang
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 08:03:26 GMT
Hi All,

I got several questions regarding storm ui and multi-lang processing.

1. Is there any APIs to get the storm statistics, e.g., execute latency,
capacity, as shown in the storm UI?
I would like to get those statistics automatically using a program and save
them to a file such that I don't need to monitor the UI all the time.
It would be great if you could provide an example.

2. How does storm compute the statistics for multi-lang bolt (I use c++)?
The statistics of my multi-lang bolt in UI is very strange.
For example, the expected execute latency of my multi-lang is about 2ms
(which can be computed inside c++), while the actual value shown in the UI
is only 0.002ms, which is extremely small...

Could someone give me some comments? Your thoughts will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Best,
Xiang

Xiang Wang PhD Candidate
Database Research Group
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia