storm-user mailing list archives

From Erik Weathers <eweath...@groupon.com>
Subject Re: how can i increase size of heap
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 23:53:57 GMT
(1) You need to make sure the changes are in storm.yaml on the host(s)
running the workers.  I *assume* that you need to restart the supervisors
to pick up the new config also, since the supervisor constructs the worker
command.  The Nimbus normally [1] doesn't send all the configs out to the
supervisor and workers.
(2) If you want to set it via code in your topology, then you should set
"topology.worker.childopts", instead of "worker.childopts".

[1] For storm-mesos <https://github.com/mesos/storm>, the Nimbus *does*
send the configs to the Supervisor and thus workers.