storm-user mailing list archives

From Erik Weathers <eweath...@groupon.com>
Subject Re: Not seeing supervisor process listening on TCP ports - only UDP port?
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2016 08:06:20 GMT
The Supervisor Slots are used for Storm Worker processes.  So unless you
start a topology that gets a worker assigned to that host, there will be no
process listening on ports 6700-6703.

I suggest reading some more docs to familiarize yourself with all the
various entities.

This link is a bit dated, but is mostly still accurate and explains a lot
of things really well:

   -
   http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2012/10/16/understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-storm-topology/

- Erik