storm-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GC overhead limit exceeded
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 08:45:54 GMT
Hi!
  By release the hashmap, I mean that you need to remove the keys at some
points. Meaning hashMap.remove(key). If you just use hashMap.put() in the
nextTuple method of the spout or in the execute method of the bolt, and
never use the hashMap.remove() and your hashMap is a field in the Bolt or
Spout class, then your map will grow and you'll reach your heap Size.
 The issue that yo have with the jvisualvm is that you have installed only
the Java Runtime Evironment (only the java vm) but not the the JDK (Java
Development Kit) . Please install the JDK.
After installing look at hashmap classes. Check the memory size for them.
Run GC and check if the memort size for them grows. If they grow even after
GC then you could have a memory leak.

I hope that it helps.
 Florin