Thanks for the response!
· The Storm version is 0.9.4
· I have set a message timeout to 300 seconds.
· Yes I also think the latency is too high. The Bolt is doing too much of work there. It is basically requesting documents for a User from multiple sources(Google Drive, Box,DropBox etc). I can split the work into 3 topologies. But wanted to know is latency the root cause for the hang.
I will check if the worker stacktrace can be shared.
From: Jungtaek Lim [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: Storm Topology Hanging
Though it decreases throughput when max spout pending value is small, it should not hang.
Which version of Storm do you use, and could you share stack trace of workers if you don't mind?
Btw, your spout latency is a bit high (10s). Which value you set message timeout secs?
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)
2016년 4월 6일 (수) 오후 4:34, Nitin Gupta <Nitin.Gupta@e-zest.in>님이 작성:
I am facing an issue where in one of my Topology hangs after 14-16 hours.
From the Storm UI I can see the below statics:
· Number of Records Emitted: 4000
· Number of Records Acked : 3180
· Number of Records Failed : 1140
· The Spout Latency is 10913 milliseconds
· I have configured the Max Spout Config to the Number of Executors : 40 in my case
· I have only one Spout
From various blogs on this topic , I understand if the value of Max Spout Config is not set properly it can result in such issues.
Can someone please guide me what should the correct value in my case.
Thanks & Regards,