storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spout Questions
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 20:48:35 GMT
nextTuple(), ack(), and fail() are all called by the same thread. nextTuple() should be fast,
so you probably only want to emit one or a handful of tuples. Emitting a huge number of tuples
in the nextTuple() method is what’s causing your problem.

-Taylor

> On May 2, 2016, at 9:08 AM, Adrien Carreira <aca@reportlinker.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Dont't know if I'm on the right place.. But let's try.
>
> I'm build a Topology, And I've a spout plugged on Redis.
>
> My question is, when the topology is active, Why the nextTuple() method isn't call when
ack() method is called.

> Meaning, I've about 10k acking message without a nextTuple() called...
>
> So what going is : nextTuple is called to emit 30000k message, stops, acking is called
to ack all message without calling nextTuple to refeed the topoogy....