storm-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Roos" <M.R...@f1-outsourcing.eu>
Subject RE: Storm unique strengths
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 09:47:36 GMT

Maybe also take into account the new heron

https://blog.twitter.com/2016/open-sourcing-twitter-heron

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
F1 Outsourcing Development Sp. z o.o.
Poland

t:  +48 (0)124466845
f:  +48 (0)124466843
e:  marc@f1-outsourcing.eu

-----Original Message-----
From: leon_mclare@tutanota.com [mailto:leon_mclare@tutanota.com]
Sent: woensdag 1 juni 2016 11:44
To: User
Cc: aaron.dossett@target.com
Subject: Re: Storm unique strengths

Hi Aaron,

thank you very much for the link. I found it quite insightful. It is one
of the few benchmarks i have encountered where Storm comes out on top in
terms of latency, although the at-most once trade-off is quite harsh.

Regards
Leon

31. May 2016 15:37 by Aaron.Dossett@target.com:

	Hi Leon,

	This isn’t an advocacy piece per se, but this analysis by several
member of the Storm community may be helpful.  For a particular use case
you can compare performance and then assess whether the features,
user-friendliness, or API of a particular framework is worth switching
to.

	https://yahooeng.tumblr.com/post/135321837876/benchmarking-streamin
g-computation-engines-at