storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
Subject Access to storm fieldsGrouping hashing method in bolt/spout
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:02:25 GMT
Hello,
I am wondering if there is a means to access the hashing method/function that storm applies
for the fieldsGrouping method. I would like to generate a token that will hash back to the
current node so that subsequent processing can come back to the same node . I realize that
generating an applicable token would be trial and an error, but I would like to take advantage
of shufflegrouping to assign tasks but then use fieldsGrouping to ensure that the rest of
the work for the task comes back to the same node.
Thanks,
Jason