Yes there are failing tuples.

The message timeout is set to 300 seconds using  the below configuration

conf.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS,300);

From: Jungtaek Lim [mailto:kabhwan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2016 7:41 PM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: Re: Topology gets stuck

Nitin,

Could you check your configuration for message timeout seconds to see it's set to enough amount of time, and also check there're failing tuples at that time?

Thanks,

Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016 6 9 () 오후 11:05, Nitin Gupta <Nitin.Gupta@e-zest.in>님이 작성:

Thanks Abhishek for the guidance.

As I mentioned the Bolt processes the same set of messages again and again and the consumer offset doesn’t move ahead.

It processes around 100 messages , stops for few minutes (around 3-5 minutes)and then again processes these messages. This cycle keeps repeating but the consumer offset in the zookeeper is not updated.

I will check if it is possible to move to a new version of storm as the system is already in production.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin Gupta