storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging tuples being replayed despite acks
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 17:35:20 GMT
Thanks for the response.
The code is essentially:
logger.warn( "tuple received: {}", tuple);outputCollector.ack(tuple);return;

It doesn't go any further either when I step through it or run it directly.
      From: Priyank Shah <pshah@hortonworks.com>
 To: "user@storm.apache.org" <user@storm.apache.org>; Jason Kania <jason.kania@ymail.com>

 Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:32 PM
 Subject: Re: Debugging tuples being replayed despite acks

You mentioned that you are making sure that its acking everything in first bolt. Is there
any other bolt downstream that could be failing the tuples?
From: Jason Kania
Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM
To: User
Subject: Debugging tuples being replayed despite acks

Hello,
I would appreciate any suggestions as nobody seems to have answered my previous requests for
assistance.
I am currently using 0.10.0 and am having serious difficulties. I am unable to upgrade at
present and have looked for any bugs on this issue with no luck.
I am trying to figure out why acked tuples keep getting replayed. These tuples have been acked
previously but just in case something in the topology was wrong, I am now automatically acking
everything in the first bolt and yet I keep getting them replayed. I tried putting a breakpoint
in the Kafka Spout and can see that nextTuple() is hit but the ack() method of KafkSpout is
never reached.
I would try debugging into clojure but have had no luck doing so and cannot seem to find a
path to make that successful.
Any suggestions on any front at all would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason