storm-user mailing list archives

From "fanxinpu@travelsky.com" <fanxi...@travelsky.com>
Subject Re: STORM REBALACING
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:13:24 GMT
hi Junquk:

1. first, you should make sure your cluster has more than 10 slots.
2. second, you should make sure your topology has been assigned more than 10 task. because
the rebalacing is based on the task to do more workers. If you did not assigne 10 tasks(at
least) to the topology explicitly, the rebalancing can not work out as you want.

From: Junguk Cho
Date: 2016-08-11 11:09
To: user
Subject: STORM REBALACING
Hi, All.

I tried to use STORM rebalance (http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.1/Command-line-client.html).

I used Storm 1.0.1 version.
I first ran 3 workers (one spout, one split and one count.) for WordCount example.

After running it, In commandline, I typed
./storm rebalance WordCount -w 10 -n 6 -e spout=1 -e split=2 -e count=2

I saw something in nimbus.log and UI like
 Delaying event :do-rebalance for 10 secs for WordCount-1-1470884051.
However, when I checked UI, it was still 3 workers.

Are there some requirements to use rebalance feature?
Also, in UI, there are no input interfaces to specify # of workers and # of components except
for waiting time for rebalace.

Thanks in advance.
- Junguk