storm-user mailing list archives

From Jonas Krauß <jkraus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Access Logger - How to set log level in local mode?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 15:37:11 GMT
Looking further in the source code of storm I found that actually this logging is hard-coded
as LOG.info():

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/1677de1a1a4177b0f2f3cacdf4152b7e9fa976bd/storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/logging/ThriftAccessLogger.java

I am using a storm 1.0.0 jar file from the Maven repository, thus I cannot fix this line from
the source.

Anybody any idea how to set global log levels higher than info ( >= warn) in log4j for
a local cluster?

On Aug 9, 2016, at 12:47 PM, Jonas Krauß <jkrauss82@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am developing a Trident topology and trying to figure out how to disable logging for
the ThriftAccessLogger. Problem is that this logger logs lots of lines like this:

> 	[Thread-18-spout-test-executor[7 7]] INFO  o.a.s.l.ThriftAccessLogger - Request ID:
2 access from:  principal:  operation: fetchRequest

> It makes debugging impossible because we are talking of thousands of lines here. I tried
different things to get rid of these messages, however none worked.

> So far I tried setting topology debug log level to false like conf.setDebug(false);
>
> Also tried configuring a local cluster.xml with logging level warn for the ThriftAccessLogger
like this:

> <loggers>
>    <Logger name="org.apache.storm.logging.ThriftAccessLogger" level="warn" additivity="false">
>        <AppenderRef ref="THRIFT-ACCESS"/>
>        <AppenderRef ref="syslog"/>
>    </Logger>
>    <root level="info"> <!-- We log everything -->
>        <appender-ref ref="A1"/>
>        <appender-ref ref="syslog"/>
>    </root>
> </loggers>
>
> Still these messages persist. I also read through the storm documentation, tried stackoverflow,
google search etc. unfortunately I cannot find an answer to this problem.