storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
Subject KafkaSpout not receiving new messages until restart
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 01:28:08 GMT
Hello,
I am using Storm 0.10.0 and have an application pulling content off a Kafka topic via the
Kafka spout but after some time nothing is being injected. However, after a restart of the
topic, more messages come in for a while. I have done my best to confirm that there are no
tuple timeouts by tracing code and have looked at the tuple visualization but found no lost
tuples. There is no indication of any tuples lost or any timeouts.
I am logging every time something comes into the first bolt and see nothing there either.
At this point, I am not sure what I can do to debug further.
At this point we cannot upgrade.
Any suggestions to get to the bottom of this?
Thanks,
Jason