storm-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Raj <abhishek....@saavn.com>
Subject Some bolts stop processing after a while.
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:05:40 GMT
Hi.

We are using storm 0.9.4. Our topology consists of a linear chain of 1
spout and 8 bolts. In the 4th bolt we call an external bolt written in php
which emits to 5th bolt after some processing.
We are seeing that after some time, the 6th, 7th and 8th bolt completely
stop processing. The executed, acked, emitted and transferred numbers drop
to zero for these bolts and there is no error messages in the worker logs.
Other bolts still seem to be processing data and emitting but the last 3
bolts completely halt and do no processing. The failed count keeps
increasing on the kafka spout, but the failed count of the individual bolts
still remains 0.
We already tried increasing tuple timeout threshold and decreasing
max-spout-pending to no avail. Eventually, the bolts completely stopped
processing. We are not really sure if it has something to do with the
external php bolt that we call because it still seems to be processing data
fine and sends heartbeat.

Any pointers about how to go about debugging this would be great.

--
Abhishek