storm-user mailing list archives

From Junguk Cho <jman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: STORM REBALACING
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 21:33:06 GMT
Hi.

Thank you for replies.
Now, it worked.

2. second, you should make sure your topology has been assigned more than
10 task. because the rebalacing is based on the task to do more workers. If
you did not assigne 10 tasks(at least) to the topology explicitly, the
rebalancing can not work out as you want.
-> Yes. I re-interpret that "rebalance function" is redistributing tasks
into executors.

I have one following question.
I don't see some benefits to have multiple tasks in one executor since one
executor is a java thread and multiple tasks run in sequence based on a
grouping.

Does anyone explain when we can get benefit from multiple tasks?

Thanks,
Junguk